MANUFACTURER’S GUARANTEE - SHARK 2 YEARS
When a consumer buys a product in the UK, they get the benefit of legal rights relating to the quality of the product (your “legal rights”). You can enforce your legal rights against your retailer, including Shark if you bought your appliance from sharkclean.co.uk . However, at Shark we are so confident about the quality of our products that we give the owner an additional, free parts and labour manufacturer’s guarantee of up to 2 years.
The guarantee it comes with is an important consideration - and reflects how much confidence the manufacturer has in its product and manufacturing quality.
The manufacturer’s guarantee does not affect your legal rights.
How long are new Shark machines guaranteed for?
Our manufacturer’s guarantee lasts for one year from the date of purchase as standard, or for two years if you register your purchase with us within 28 days.
How do I register my Shark guarantee?
If you have purchased your Shark appliance directly from sharkclean.co.uk your guarantee is registered automatically. If you bought it from anywhere else in the UK, you can register your guarantee online within 28 days of purchase.
• To register online, please visit sharkclean.co.uk/register-guarantee or scan the QR code in your instruction booklet.
• Keep a note of the date you purchased the machine.
• Keep your receipt if you bought your Shark appliance from anywhere except sharkclean.co.uk . You will need it to claim under your guarantee.
• The free Shark guarantee only applies in the UK.
What are the benefits of registering my free Shark guarantee?
When you register your guarantee, you will get an extra one year of cover. We’ll also have your details to hand if we ever need to get in touch. If you further agree to receive communications from us, you can also receive tips and advice on how to get the best out of your Shark appliance and hear the latest news about new Shark technology and launches.
What is covered by the free Shark guarantee?
Repair or replacement (at Shark’s discretion) of your Shark machine, including all parts and labour.
What is not covered by the free Shark guarantee?
• Normal wear and tear.
• Accidental damage or faults caused by negligent use or care, misuse, neglect, careless operation or handling of the Shark appliance which is not in accordance with the Shark Operating Manual supplied with your machine.
• Damage caused by use of the Shark appliance for anything other than normal domestic household purposes.
• Damage caused by use of parts not assembled or installed in accordance with the operating instructions.
• Damage caused by use of parts and accessories which are not Shark Genuine Components
• Faulty installation (except where installed by Shark).
• Repairs or alterations carried out by parties other than Shark or its agents.
How can I claim under the free Shark guarantee?
Contact our customer service helpline on 0800 862 0453. For service hours please visit our website under ‘Contact Us’. It’s free to call, and you’ll be put straight through to a Shark representative. You’ll also find online support at support.sharkclean.co.uk . The Shark representative will go through some troubleshooting with you, and if we conclude that the item has failed, we will send you a replacement part or a returns label to send the defective item back to us free of charge. When you have delivered the defective product to us, we will send you a replacement.
Please remember that the item will need to be boxed when you return it to us. It can be any suitable box, it does not have to be the original packaging.
Where can I buy genuine Shark spares and accessories?
Shark spares and accessories are developed by the same engineers who developed your Shark appliance. You’ll find a full range of Shark spares, replacement parts and accessories for all Shark machines at sharkclean.co.uk . Please remember that damage caused by the use of non-Shark spares may not be covered under your guarantee.